MA508: Integrative Seminar IV: Proclamation
- Beale, G.K. and D.A. Carson, eds. Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2007.
- Chapell, Bryan. Christ-Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon. Second Edition. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2007.
- Dever, Mark and Paul Alexander. How to Build a Healthy Church: A Practical Guide for Deliberate Leadership. Wheaton: Crossway, 2021.
- Goldsworthy, Graeme. According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible. Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 1991.
- Helm, David. Expositional Preaching: How We Speak God’s Word Today. Wheaton: Crossway, 2014.
- Keller, Timothy. Preaching: Communicating Faith in an Age of Skepticism. New York: Viking, 2015.
- Long, Thomas G. Preaching and the Literary Forms of the Bible. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1989.
- Merida, Tony. The Christ-Centered Expositor. Nashville: B&H Academic, 2016.
- Packer, J.I. Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God. Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2008.
- “The Chicago Statement on Inerrancy”. http://www.bible-researcher.com/chicago1.html, Accessed on 3 August 2016.
- Carson, D.A. Collected Writings on Scripture. Wheaton: Crossway, 2010. Please read Chapter 1, “Approaching the Bible”, 19-54.
- Clowney, Edmund P. Preaching Christ in All of Scripture. Wheaton: Crossway, 2003. Please read Chapter 1, “Christ in All of Scripture”, 11-44, and Chapter 2, “Preparing a Sermon That Presents Christ”, 45-58.
- Dever, Mark. Nine Marks of a Healthy Church, Fourth Edition. Wheaton: Crossway, 2021. Please read
- “Introduction”, 27-39, and Chapter 1, “Expositional Preaching”, 41-64.
- Koessler, John. Folly, Grace, and Power. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2011. Please read Chapter 4, “Preaching and Authority”, 55-65, and Chapter 10, “The End of Preaching”, 129-139.
- Mohler Jr., Albert R. “Biblical Theology and the Sexuality Crisis”. http://www.albertmohler.com/2014/09/16/biblical-theology-and-the-sexuality-crisis/, Accessed on 4 August 2016.
- Robinson, Haddon W. Biblical Preaching: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages. Second Edition. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2001. Please read Chapter 2, “What’s the Big Idea?”, 33-50, and Chapter 6, “The Shape Sermons Take”, 115-138.
- Ryken, Philip Graham, Derek W.H. Thomas, and J. Ligon Duncan III. Give Praise to God. Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2003. Please read Chapter 6, R. Albert Mohler Jr., “Expository Preaching: Center of Christian Worship”, 107-121.