Phoenix Seminary is a Protestant, evangelical, nationally-recognized, graduate-level seminary located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. This centralized metropolitan location provides our students with a wide range of multi-cultural and multi-generational opportunities to gain practical ministry experience. Phoenix Seminary is where hundreds of men and women have embarked upon the most important journey of their lives.
- Founded in 1988, Phoenix Seminary continues to be the only accredited graduate-level theological seminary with its main campus located in Arizona.
- Over 2,000 students and alumni trained since the seminary opened in 1988, representing more than 25 evangelical denominations, 47 states and 9 countries.
- One-on-one mentoring relationships are established between students and Seminary professors, pastors or other leaders in the local Christian community to help foster academic and spiritual accountability and growth.
- Degree programs include Doctor of Ministry, Master of Divinity, Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies), Master of Arts in Counseling, Master of Arts in Ministry, and Graduate Diploma in Biblical & Theological Studies.
- Non-credit, Continuing Education is available for men and women who desire to deepen their understanding of God’s Word and increase their effectiveness in lay ministry at a fraction of the cost and time commitment required in degree programs.
- Twelve resident and more than 30 adjunct faculty members bring both academic credentials and years of practical ministry experience to the classroom.
- Phoenix Seminary is a private, not-for-profit institution.
- Phoenix Seminary is professionally accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada and is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. The Master of Arts in Counseling is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
At Phoenix Seminary, we believe excellence is a matter of mind and heart.
We balance academics with practice.
Phoenix Seminary faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their academic expertise and years of practical ministry experience. Their goal is to teach students to think biblically, study and graduate fully prepared for ministry in the real world.
Students are involved in the systematic study of the Scriptures and historic biblical theology. They learn current theological viewpoints and positions on contemporary issues facing the church and our culture at large.
As a result, the courses are theologically rich and relevant to hands-on ministry today. Internships and ministry exposures, in partnership with local churches, give students real life opportunities to apply what they learn in the classroom and further develop their God-given gifts and ministry skills.
We mentor our degree students.
Phoenix Seminary works closely with local churches to assist students in the development of godly character and ministry skills. Degree students are paired in a personalized mentoring relationship with a Seminary professor, pastor, or another leader in the local Christian community. Our mentoring program focuses on the student as an individual—on his or her unique needs, strengths, and goals.
These mentors help prepare our students to be leaders with integrity—leaders who recognize their calling to live exemplary lives among God’s people for His glory, and who know that such a calling requires purity and godly character.
We partner with local churches.
Phoenix Seminary partners with local churches throughout the Southwest in training and equipping students for real-life ministry. We utilize qualified local pastors as adjunct professors, and many pastors and church leaders are involved in our mentoring and internship programs.
Phoenix Seminary has taken the lead to support all evangelical churches in Arizona to reach the six million people in this state with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Together, Phoenix Seminary and the local church offer students an unparalleled opportunity to gain “hands-on” experience in applying the timeless truth of God’s Word to practical, relevant ministry today.